Friday, August 30, 2013

England but no Coda...

It is always hard to leave my home and return to England, although I love seeing all of my family and their dogs, but until now I have been separated from Skip and Serenity (& in the past Elgar and Guinness). When I last went to England Coda was a few weeks old and I had seen pictures of him but hadn't seen him yet. I remember getting my weekly photos from the breeder while I was there and everyone was so excited :)
It was hard to leave Coda. We had been together every single day since Thanksgiving 2012! So saying goodbye to Coda was tough and I shed a few tears... (In the interest of full disclosure I usually cry when I leave my cat and husband!!) Would he think I had left him? Would my husband take care of Coda?
I had a wonderful time in England playing with numerous English cocker spaniels, including Poppy-a tricolor (my sisters), and Alfie-a red working cocker (my parents). I even got to see Coda on FaceTime-proof that he was still alive :) He went crazy when I started speaking to him, and barked loudly when he was downstairs in his kennel and Skip was speaking to me... Surprise, surprise-he follows Skip around and wants his attention as much as he does with me, which I suppose proves Dad's philosophy that dogs will follow whoever feeds them!!
During my stay I got to see an agility tournament. It was so much fun to watch... Makes me want to try it with Coda... We shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment