Sunday, January 27, 2013

OMG puppy training class!

In an hour we will be in our first puppy class! Unbelievably Simona et al are bringing Luna to the same class! I'm working at keeping my mindset positive. This is going to fun. This is a process-enjoy the ride :) I am not a bad person if Coda has socializing issues...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW I am so surprised and delighted with how Coda and I did at our puppy class. Although there was barking at people before we got to the class, once we made it to the class Coda did really well! Antonella was really great and was really patient and gentle introducing shelf to Coda and once he had made friends with her he was more confident and didn't really have any further problems... He held back sometimes, a little nervous, but he was interested in all of the other dogs-a red lab, 2 springer spaniels, a havanese and Simona's Australian shepherd. Although he didn't manage to do the exercises (watch me, sit, down), the socializing was wonderful and by the end of the class he was off leash letting children pet him and going up to other dogs and being interested.

This was the first time that I really felt that Coda is the dog I was hoping for. Able to socialize and interact comfortably. I can see dog parks and and play dates and vacations in our future! It's very exciting...

Of course it wouldn't have been a trip to Petsmart without buying stuff... A harness, a seatbelt attachment, a name tag, scrubbing brushes for the kongs, a new collar (maybe a little big), a variety of treats and bones, an interactive toy for kibble feeding, a loofah dog toy. Skip said it was predictable!

No comments:

Post a Comment