Thursday, April 4, 2013

Brilliant Coda!

I've been trying to get Coda out and about this week. On Tuesday we went to Meadowood Park and walked two miles on the track, and today we did our first visit to Robert E Lee park. Again we walked two miles! It was the first time I had been there since the renovation and it is really nicely done... We walked around the new Paw Points dog park which is a membership-only off-leash area. It is very secure and I now really want to sign up.
http://pawpoint.org/About

Today we've done a bunch of training... We did loose leash in the garden, ringing the "go out" bell, filing nails and clipping hair. I've also been working on getting Coda to lie on a bed next to the sofa and then jump up onto and off of the sofa when commanded... And finally he just jumped down on the bed, turned around, lay down and started chewing a toy! I feel so satisfied and proud of us :) Seems so small but to get this rambunctious guy to be calm and relaxed is huge and it has all been done by training small steps using the clicker. I will have to remember this feeling of success as we work on the bigger skills!



No comments:

Post a Comment