Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy 1st birthday!

I am thrilled that Coda has reached his first birthday :) as I write this he is calmly lying on the couch next to me licking my leg! He is a wonderful dog and makes my life more enjoyable and fuller <3

To celebrate his big day we had a doggy date with Luna, a 10-month old Australian shepherd from our puppy class, and the humans Antonella, Mark and Simona. Since our last visit they had installed a large fence around the backyard so we were able to sit around the pool, enjoying coffee and cake on one of the loveliest sunny warm days of the year.


To celebrate his big day I baked a cake for Coda! I call it a "Tuna and peanut butter surprise cake". I basically took the recipe from the website and added tuna and cooked for 25 mins in a loaf tin. I found a treat to use as a candle and decorated with tomato ketchup. Coda definitely appreciated my efforts :)

http://www.petcarerx.com/article/the-dog-birthday-cake-bakery/890



One of the most entertaining episodes of our visit was when Luna and Coda were running around the pool and Luna, who is now twice the size of Coda, turned around quickly and knocked Coda into the pool. It was his first water experience and his first reaction was complete shock. He immediately began doing the doggie paddle and when he reached the edge of the pool Simona fished him out! I so wish I had it on video :)



Of course it wouldn't be a birthday without the gifts :) even though we could open a store with the toys Coda already has lol! He loves cuddly toys and squeaky toys and loves playing tug so the pig Tug-a-mal is delighting him. I also got him a bionic circle which is for stuffing with food!




No comments:

Post a Comment