Sunday, December 16, 2012

11 weeks!

We have a dog who does not like the rain, is fascinated by smells, loves to dig & tunnel through things & chewing!
Yesterday we took the pee pads out of the kennel except when we are in bed or out. So far today Coda has been good about going outside but this evening it started raining and since then he hasn't pooped... Could be interesting! (When he finally pooped it was on the back covered porch which was dry)
Today has been a really nice experience. Each time I fed him by hand in the exercise pen while training him and then I played with him until I thought he was ready to go out. The biting has definitely lessened since we got him, and I've been working on the OFF command a lot and rewarding him when he is calm and mellow and I feel that it is having a positive effect.
I've been focusing over the last two days at giving Coda as much exercise as possible. Its more challenging because he hasn't had all of his shots so he can't go to public areas so i am trying to be more creative! Yesterday afternoon when I was forcing him to run around the yard until he would finally poop I started throwing the mini tennis balls and he chased them... Got lots of exercise! Plus I started just walking around the perimeter of the garden and he followed. Tonight we had a game of football in his pen with his new large treat dispensing ball that got him revved up... Now when he is in his kennel he is quiet and is sleeping. He also sat on my lap for about 30 mins tonight and chewed his bully stick. Skip commented that he was a different dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment