Friday, March 8, 2013

What a good boy!

So I've been thinking and Coda can actually do quite a few things consistently...

On our walks, on the extendable leash, he rarely pulls out to the full length. When we stop at the curb he will stay still on the command of "wait" and now I am getting him to sit then as well.

When we are going out to the yard I can say "wait" and he won't go charging into the kitchen. He will not eat the cat food when I yell "off".

When he is in his kennel he will start barking to let me know to take him out.

He can pretty consistently do "watch me", "sit", "down" with some distraction. He will also target train on a stick when told "touch".

In our class last Sunday we began "paw" and he can do that.

Out and about he is becoming less inclined to bark at people and dogs, due to an over abundance of treats in those situations.

He can play fetch, mostly returning with the toy!

If he has something to occupy him, he can sit on my lap when I'm watching tv and be calm.

He is becoming desensitized to the clippers and work on his nails, especially filing his nails. He will let me brush him for a good treat!

Overall he is progressing in his training at a decent rate. I am thinking about taking the intermediate class at Petsmart once we have completed the puppy class on Sunday! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment